Partnership with Decatur County Cub Scouts
On Friday evening at 7:00 PM, TRAE will conduct a Pinewood Derby. This event is open to cub scouts, boy scouts, as well as any youth that wishes to participate. Contestants should arrive no later than 6:45 PM to enter their cars. In addition to the race, cars will be entered into the Farm Related Skills Pinewood Derby Car event to be judge on craftsmanship. For more information, visit www.pinewoodderby.org.
- Open to both boys and girls.
- Divisions (based on current grade in school: Elementary (1st – 3rd Grade), Junior (4th – 5th Grade), Junior High (6th – 8th Grade), and Senior (9th – 12th Grade)
- Car Specification: Width shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches, Length shall not exceed 7 inches, and Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
- Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in a BSA kit.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or silicone.
- The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.
- Trophies and prizes will be awarded to top three places in each age division.